It feels like it was just yesterday celebrating New Year’s Day , but it’s already mid February. Hope you’re all staying well.
Today, I’m here with a bit sad news.
Starting from Android OS version 12, “Prevent phone turn-off during alarm” feature becomes temporarily unavailable.
🤔 Why is it becoming unavailable?
The technical method necessary for the feature became deprecated from Android OS 12 due to policy change. Due to this, those of you using Android 12 device might have witnessed the feature not working properly. 😭
For now, to prevent any confusion, we removed the feature from the settings menu starting from 5.12.x version. (It’d be confusing if an unavailable feature is still there!)
As we are building Alarmy app based on Android platform, we must abide by the platform’s technical policy. Hope you understand our decision.
😭 Now what happens?
These are the things the dev team and the product team are each working on.
- Android Dev team is looking for alternatives that allows Prevent phone turn-off feature to work on Android 12.
- If there isn’t any, the feature will be removed for a while.
- Product team is looking for a new way to prevent you from turning the phone off.
- We’re looking for ways that are not affected by the technical restraints on Android 12.
- Even if the detailed way has to change, we're focusing on the core problem of you falling back asleep after turning the phone off while Alarmy is ringing.
Prevent phone turn-off during alarm feature is very important for Alarmy’s goal to “wake you up completely.” Thus, we won’t let it go like this. Hope you wait even if it takes some time. 🥺
If you have any questions, contact us via [Settings tab > Send Feedback]!
Hope you stay safe and healthy. 💪
I’ll come back with a good news next time!